Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fashion Challenge: Camouflage

Images found on Pinterest 


This is the first in my series of "Fashion Challenges" where I take items that I wouldn't normally wear and are a bit different and style them in a way that can be versatile. Camouflage was the first to come to mind when thinking of a challenging item of clothing to style. A few years ago, my friend was planning her wedding and wanted a classy style but with the use of camouflage. What? To me, that was a complete oxymoron. Camouflage in these parts is worn exclusively by hunters, "rednecks", and country people who don't actually hunt. It's considered tacky and not a legitimate pattern to wear in fashion. 

I remember back in high school having a pair of slip on flats that were a bit camo-like and I was able to pair them with several things. There was a point in time where I went through an olive green phase and so I'm channeling that into this post. While decorating my friend's wedding, I decided to mix and match bronze, copper, and gold metallic with shades of rust, pumpkin, and cream. It turned out to be a classy affair even with the use of hunter's camo. 

Below are some outfits styled using camouflage but in a more stylistic way. Mix and match it with other prints like leopard, polka-dots, floral, and stripes. Think of it as a neutral and pair it with warm shades of yellows, pinks, and oranges. My favorite pairing is the olive green with either a hot pink or a bright violet purple. Feel free to experiment and add your own twist. 



 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/528917611/vintage-70s-tiger-stripe-camo-jacket?ref=hp_rf




No comments:

Post a Comment