Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Wine Making: Cherry Blossom

For my second floral wine, I mixed it up a bit more than the last. This isn't a recipe, but just a list of ingredients I used in the wine and the pairings for it, later I may revisit and post a recipe.
This is a springy rosé wine, much like my Peony Rosé, but with additional cherry floral and fruit notes.
I used the syrup from a jar of maraschino cherries, black cherry juice, plums, cranberry, apple, strawberry, oak chips, cherry blossom syrup, and roses and peonies.
After racking, I back sweetened with a cherry blossom syrup to add more flavor and sweetness to the overall wine.

 Cherry Blossom Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar

Cook water and sugar together until fully dissolved, add sakura essence a drop at a time until you reach your desired taste.
This syrup can be used for teas, Italian sodas, coffees, or whatever you like!
This wine is lighter and semi-sweet so the pairings should be kept light-medium.
Pairings
Avocado, plum, cherry, strawberries, raspberry, almond, Ricotta, Feta, other soft/fresh cheeses, cheesecake, yogurt, green tea, honey, ginger, lemongrass, cinnamon, asparagus, red bean, matcha, white chocolate, dark chocolate, cacao, sesame, rice, salmon, lobster, sushi, Asian dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment