Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pumpkin Concentrate


Over the past few years I've tried pumpkin flavored coffee, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin tea, pumpkin syrup, pumpkin milk, and so on. The only thing worth mentioning is Silk Pumpkin Soy Milk, the rest hasn't left any standing impression. Starbucks pumpkin frappuccino and latte was a huge disappointment, mainly because 1. I don't much care for Starbucks 2. They use the "pumpkin" flavored syrup that doesn't taste like pumpkin at all.


Finally after 3 years of searching for the perfect pumpkin coffee, I finally sat down and made a recipe for a concentrate and now it's all I can do to not put it in every drink.
This is sweet, creamy, spicy, and full of flavor, it's like your drinking pumpkin pie through a straw. The recipe will make a thick concentrate for you to add to your coffee, hot chocolate, milk, or tea.
Best part is, it's dairy, soy, and nut free!

What you'll need
15 oz canned pumpkin puree
13.5 oz can coconut milk full fat
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2-4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or to taste
1 tsp vanilla
2 T maple syrup
2 T Da Vinci Caramel syrup (optional)


Real pumpkin coffee, latte, tea concentrate syrup made with real pumpkin

Pour all ingredients into a sauce pan and heat until dissolved and well blended. 
This mixture will make a thick sauce for you to add to any beverage.
This will keep in a container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks, if it lasts that long.

For a hot latte, fill cup half way with pumpkin sauce and fill the rest with unsweetened coffee of your choice.

For an iced coffee, blend your concentrate and coffee like you would for a latte. Let it cool, then add ice and top with your choice of milk and whipped cream, or my favorite: maple whipped cream.
Mmmmm, it's too good.

6 comments:

  1. If you enjoy the recreational aspects of motocross, then why not look into the one of a kind possibility found with motocross stickers. When you find your courses or trailers to travel, it's usual to find several other riders using that same location. Instead of being another pleasure seeker with a generic dirt bike, look like a professional with the use of your own custom dirt bike graphics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logical points and persuasive quality has made your blog post really commendable. I would also like to join the campaign of using cotton, non-woven, jute or Cotton Bag and would never use or take plastic bags. Thanks for such an eye-opening content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your most frightening unforgettable experience? Whenever I am asked that question by some one, I instantly flash-back two death-defying instances in my life—I had an encounter with an attacker twice and I almost lost my life to these horrible people. worlds most powerful stun gun

    ReplyDelete
  4. view here

    I am very hungry to read this article. I like this drink and food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will bookmark this site. keep doing your great job and always gain my support. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. Stun Guns and Pepper spray

    ReplyDelete