Sunday, July 15, 2012

Spoonflower fabric review


Kona Cotton
This is a nice heavier cotton, definitely sturdier than typical cotton you can get these days. It's fairly stretchy across the bias, but hangs a little stiff. The colors print very nicely, it would be perfect for a heavier skirt or shirt.

Cotton Voile
This is the loosest weave of them all, almost gauzy. It would be nice for a lightweight scarf or sheer curtains.

Cotton Silk
This reminds me more of your typical satin. Its soft and glossy, but a little matte on the back. The color quality is nice and shiny, I'm not sure what I'd use this for. Maybe a cute clutch purse?

Linen Cotton
When I first picked this up, I instantly thought "canvas tote", it would be perfect for that. It's so tightly woven and thick, it would hold up nicely on a chair or tote.

Heavy Cotton Twill
Same opinion as linen cotton, but this has a diagonal weave like twill typically has. It would be nice as a pair of shorts or jacket.

Cotton Poplin
Just a nice, soft cotton. Pretty much multi-purpose.

Organic Cotton Sateen
My favorite of the cottons, its super soft for pajamas or summer clothing.

Silk Crepe de Chine
I love this. Nice and soft like silk. I'd love sheets, shirts, pajamas, scarves, and everything made out of this. Nice and sheer but not so much as the voile. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there
    Thinking of buying some spoonflower fabric for sewing some bedsheets. Which fabric would you recommend?

    Many thanks,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would personally go with the cotton sateen. It doesn't wrinkle much, its really wide and its nice, soft, and has a high thread count. I think they'd be perfect for sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a lot of flannel for baby blankets. Would anything be comparable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cotton poplin is like flannel? I order swatches from Spoonflower and cotton poplin dont look like flannel at all.. now I'm confused? >< Help?

    ReplyDelete